Banner Ad

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Old School Jump: Inception Redux

http://oldschooljump.wordpress.com/2010/08/04/inception-psionics/

"Can something be put together to allow psionic combat in a ‘dreamspace’ which is like regular combat but with Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma being used instead of Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution?"

I think this would be best used for a few sessions or special events, but I think this could prove to be a fabulous idea. In fact, I might steal this for a 4th Edition campaign I'll be running. I can see how it would fit right in...

2 comments:

  1. You could always look at Shadowrun and the way they handle Astral Combat. Also, I believe that an older edition of D&D had a supplement at one point about dream magic...

    Just thinking out loud...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'm wondering about the dream magic supplement. A fast and easy thing I thought of was to commence combat with a short series of skill checks.

    You make skill checks (Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma) to represent you shaping your surroundings, making weapons for yourself, etc. Failures have bad consequences, and maybe also critical successes make things dangerous for you. I'm thinking along the lines of "don't attract too much attention". Something to encourage the players not to go overboard.

    Then, you have at it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...