About Me

My photo

Good evening, afternoon, or whatever time it happens to be there, ladies and gents! I happen to be Andy, who happens to be a freelance web designer, musician, writer, and whatnot.

Roman Catholic, student of tabletop gaming, and someday soon I'll have my own designs in the field!

Banner Ad

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dice Profiles: d8


Number of Sides: 8
Shape: octahedron
Famous For: You use a d8 to get a ranger's hitpoints (in D&D), as well as rolling damage for a longbow and longsword. I guess that really makes it the ranger's die. Other systems (such as the Cortex System) use it as a step above the average d6.
Element: The smooth d8 was assigned the element of air, presumably because it's pretty decently powerful, but also subtle.
My Take: The d8 is nice. Nothing special that I see about it, though maybe I'm not giving it enough credit. If nothing else, it works well as a "boost die" to replace a d6 with for a special ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...